After a terrible ride the week before, I didn't have high expectations for this weekend. I decided to focus on simple things and little accomplishments so that I didn't get a blow up like last week. She was fantastic! She was being kind of a butt at the beginning (refusing to stand still while I adjusted my stirrups) but after that it didn't take her long to start listening to my leg, rounding, and moving on the bit. We even got some really nice self carriage! Granted it was only for a few strides, but it's a start.
I'm starting lessons again not this week, but the week after. Hopefully 2 times per week: once on a lesson horse (to focus on me) and once on Abby (to work through any problems we're having. I will also be riding Abby 1-2 more times during the week to keep her limber and to work on "homework" from the lessons. I hope that we'll be able to show by next year. We're making progress bit by bit, but it still seems like we're such a long way away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment