21.8.09

Introductory Posting

Three and a half years ago, a princess came into my life. I was 16 years old and less prepared than I thought for the 13 year old, 16 hh, bay Quarter horse mare that served as a birthday present after four years of lessons. She was far from what I had been looking for: a gelding, western trained (preferably for barrels) and stocky. Despite her QH bloodlines she looked like an Appendix. Perhaps once she had seen a western saddle but her career was in Hunters. Her mareish attitude ensured no one forgot her gender.

Many mistakes, setbacks, and victories later here we are. I couldn't be happier with our relationship and although we still have many things to work on, I'm impressed with the strength of our bond. Abby is truly a one person horse, and I'm proud to say that I'm that person. I hope to utilize this blog to plot our progress and setbacks. Hopefully this can serve as a tool to help both of us grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment